Kayak SUrf basics
You want to learn how to surf a seakayak?
In this 6 hour workshop we will cover all the basics you need to know before playing safely in the surfzone, and how to ride those exciting waves!
what we will cover
- theory about surf zones, waves, ripcurrents and safety
- different strokes and techniques you use while surfing
- frontwards, backwards and sideways surfing
- rescuing a person and kayak in surf zones
- Technique sea kayak course NPF or similar
- Contact us if you have previous kayak experience but none of the above levels and you are not sure if you can join.
- 1500 Nok per person
- min 2 participants, contact us for private coaching.
- Contact us for multiple day surfing courses.
dates and time
- Spring and summer: daytime and afternoon-evening session, contact us for more info.
- Winter and autumn: daytime, contact us for more info.
- This workshop can be cancelled 2-3 in advance if we don’t expect to find good enough surf conditions.
- local and NPF certified sea kayak instructor
- Possibility to rent kayak and safety equipment (500 Nok for a full set)
what to bring
- warm wool underwear, beanie and socks
- food and warm drinks
- 1 set of spare clothes
- towline + knife
Can we start the activity at another time?
Terms and conditions
Every client must take care of his/her own travel- and accident insurance. Please make sure that your insurance covers also possible rescue from wilderness regions above the arctic circle.
Booking and payment
Once you have made a booking with us, you confirm this by paying a deposit of 50% of the full tour/course price . The deposit invoice is sent by e-mail and need to be paid within 14 days. The remaining amount is due 30 days before the start of your tour/course, a separate invoice is sent for that by e-mail. If your booking is made less than 30 days before the start date of your tour/course, you need to place your full payment within seven days after your booking. The right to participate to the tour/course is formed after the payment has been paid in a whole. On one day tours the full payment invoice is send immediately after booking and booking is confirmed with us by paying the invoice.
All cancellations should be made in written and sent by e-mail to : tim (at) havkajakkurs.no
Following charges will apply:
- More than 30 days before the start day of the tour/course=loss of deposit
- 30-15 days before the start of the tour/course=75% of total sum of tour/course
- Less than 15 days before the start of the tour/course=100% of total sum of tour/course
- Exceptions are if True North Adventures cancels the tour/course
True North Adventures is not responsible for the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strike, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
If a tour/course does not have the sufficient amount of participants 14 days before the start date, True North Adventures has the right to cancel the tour/course. You can find the minimum amount of participants on the specific tour/course information page. If a tour/course is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances mentioned above you will be informed as soon as possible. If a tour/course is cancelled under such circumstances mentioned above you are entitled to a full refund of any payments made to True North Adventures.
If True North Adventures cancels your tour/course, True North Adventures will not be liable for any third party expenses which you may have incurred as a result of your booking.
Personal items remain always in responsibility of the customer. True North Adventures does not accept responsibility for any loss of personal belongings or valuables.
Responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned from True North Adventures to customers, and one must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
The customer must follow the regulations and guidelines given by True North Adventures. Customer must always comply the decisions made by the guide.
True North Adventures takes all the safety measurements to make every tour safe. However, customers must understand the possible dangers and hazards associated with this kind of travel. All participants choose to take part on the tour at their own risk.
If a customer has any disabilities, illnesses or allergies, this must be informed to True North Adventures by the time of booking. All information given will be handled confidentially.
Any complaints that should arise, must be immediately brought up with the guide. Written complaints should be sent to True North Adventures no later than two weeks after the tour has ended.
The activity we want to do is 3 persons minimum, we are only 2, it this possible?
How do I make direct contact?