Best of Senja sea Kayak expedition
Join us on a 5 day seakayak expedition along the beautiful and exposed, but still accessible South – Western coastline of Senja, Norway’s 2nd biggest Island.
ISKGA kayak expedition in cooperation with Norwegian Sea Kayaking.
- Day 1: Meetup in our basecamp in Skaland in the morning + kayak outfitting and packing. Then first kayak stretch: Skaland – Nonsvika, 15km
- Day 2: Nonsvika – Holmenvær / Ørja, 18 km
- Day 3: Holmenvær / Ørja – Ørnviksanden, 21 km
- Day 4: Ørnviksanden – Hofsoya, 27 km
- Day 5: Hofsøya – Tranøybotn: 33 km, arrival in our basecamp in Tranøybotn, end of trip BBQ
We require that you have passed a 3 star sea kayak course (ISKGA Fundamentals III, teknikkurs from NPF, 3 star BCU or equivalent). Alternatively you must have sufficient experience to paddle in 3 star conditions (1,25 meter waves, 8 m/s wind). Furthermore you must know how to land a sea kayak in surf so some surfing experience will be essential. There may be surf conditions on our landing beaches and surf zones are relatively high risk areas.
We also ask that you are a contributing member of the group. We need all the members of the group to contribute where they can, whether at sea or on land. We will be isolated and it’s therefore important that everyone assist each other whenever possible.
Lastly, the conditions can be rough on the west coast. If we deem the conditions too demanding we will go for our plan B. You must however be prepared and able to paddle and camp under rough conditions; high winds and big waves.
Please contact us if you are not sure about your personal skills, or desire a kayak skills course before the start of this expedition trip.
- 5 day kayak expedition guiding by ISKGA coastal guide.
- 1 night in a cabin in Tranoybøtn at the end of our trip.
- End of trip BBQ.
- Accommodation: We will sleep in tents on this expedition, if you need any gear please contact us for rental options.
- Kayak gear: if you need any gear please contact us for rental options.
- Transport is not included in this trip, but there is several public transport options available. We will provide transport for the kayaks and any left over luggage between our 2 basecamps.
- From Tromsø: hurtigbaten to Finnsnes, then bus to Skaland. you can contact us regarding transport Finnsnes – our basecamp.
- From Tromsø: Arctic route bus to Skaland.