Always been dreaming of kayaking independent in crystal blue waters, between big mountains, fjords and islands?
In this course you will learn everything you need to know to go out paddling safe on your own in calm waters. We will spend two full days exploring the fjords and learning the basics of safe sea kayaking, different paddle strokes, different ways to steer your kayak and self and buddy rescues.
Upon completion of this course you will receive a “våtkort” (certification from the Norwegian Paddle Association), which will allow you to rent kayak gear everywhere in Norway and follow more courses or join in kayak club activities.
- Weekendcourses: Saturday-sunday (09.00-17.00)
- Week days: 2 days (09.00-17.00)
- Evening courses: 2 evenings (-+ 16 hours in total)
- Private timeslots possible upon request
- local and NPF certified sea kayak instructor
- All kayak and safety equipment (drysuit, shoes, gloves, ..)
- Introduction to seakayak and safety
- Basic equipment
- Lifting, carrying and launching the kayak
- Correct sitting position and paddling technique
- Efficient forward paddling
- Reverse paddling and stopping
- Lateral movement of the kayak
- Low bracing
- Turning the kayak
- Wet exits
- Navigating and basic trip planning
- Rescue techniques